Grain-Free & Dairy-Free Breakfast Taquitos
Do you like to go out for brunch or make brunch at home? Back when I was a Buffalo at CU-Boulder, I lived for Sunday hangover brunch with my girlfriends.
Nowadays Brian and I skip the long lines and overpriced so-so mimosas (and the hangover come to think of it), and do our Sunday brunches at home! I’ve been wanting to make breakfast taquitos with grain free tortillas foreva and finally nailed the recipe! I had already had some Cashew Flour Tortillas and hot sauces at home, and ordered Vital Farms pasture-raised eggs, Better Bean Company black beans, Daiya vegan cheese mozzarella shreds, avocados, lemons, and cilantro.
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1 container of Better Bean Company black beans (or beans of your choice)
- 1/3 cup Daiya vegan cheese shreds
- hot sauce
- avocado oil
- In a large skillet, warm one package of tortillas one tortilla at a time until pliable then set aside.
- Chop up some cilantro and set aside.
- In a smaller skillet, scramble the eggs and then scramble in the cheese until the eggs are cooked through. Set aside.
- One at a time, lay a tortilla flat, and spoon 1T of the black beans from top to bottom on one end. Spoon 2T of cooked scrambled eggs on top of that, drizzle with a few drops of hot sauce, sprinkle with 1/2tsp fresh cilantro, then roll the filled end of the tortilla towards the other end, forming a taquito. Repeat with the other tortillas until each one is filled.
- Last step! Heat a few tablespoons of avocado oil or olive oil in the large skillet, then drop the taquitos seam side down onto the hot oil. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes until golden brown, then flip with kitchen tongs and repeat on the other side.
Original recipe and post by Reformation Health