Fall flavor meets banana bread in this gluten free pumpkin banana bread! It’s the perfect way to use up old bananas and open up some cans of pumpkin.
INGREDIENTS (Makes 12 slices)
- 2 C gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- 1/3 C avocado oil (or canola oil)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 C unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 1/2 C mashed banana
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-tick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Break up any large brown sugar clumps, and stir in the walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, milk, pumpkin, banana, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.