Fruit Pizza Recipe - Refreshing Summertime Snack
This fresh Fruit Pizza is a refreshing snack that is perfect for this hot weather! Whether you're putting this unique pizza together for the kids or for a small gathering, it is sure to be a hit!
- 1 (16.5 oz) pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 oz) pkg PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups assorted fresh fruit (such as kiwi and strawberry slices, red raspberries, blueberries, diced pineapple and canned mandarine oranges)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, pressed through a sieve to remove lumps
- 1 Tbsp water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a rimmed 12-inch pizza pan, line with a round of parchment paper and butter parchment paper (or alternately line with foil and spray foil with non-stick cooking spray). Crumble cookie dough over prepared pizza pan and spread into an even layer to completely cover bottom of pan. Bake 13 - 14 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), whip cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Top with fruit.
- In a small bowl whisk together preserves and water. Brush mixture over fruit. Refrigerate 2 hours then cut into slices.
Homemade Fruit Pizza Crust
- 1 1/3 (190g) cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (173g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pizza Crust Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together sugar and butter.
- Mix in egg and vanilla then slowly blend in dry ingredients.
- Butter a rimmed 12-inch pizza pan, line with a round of parchment and butter parchment (or line pan with foil and spray with cooking spray).
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray then spread cookie dough into an even layer in bottom of prepared pizza pan.
- Bake 12 – 14 minutes until edges are golden.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.