These fried mozzarella sticks are a quick snack that is SO EASY to make! We all know how important it is to have quick snacks on hand for after school and pretty much any other time the kids are hungry–which is ALWAYS.
- Oil for fryer
- 1 (12 piece) package mozzarella string cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat oil in fryer. The amount you will use depends on the size of your fryer. I have a small fryer and used about 2 1/2 cups.
- Unwrap all the cheese sticks and cut them in half. Mix together the eggs with water and the breadcrumbs with seasonings. After that, dip the cheese sticks in the egg mixture, followed by the breadcrumbs. Make sure to try to cover the cheese sticks entirely. Repeat the process by dipping the cheese sticks in the eggs mixture and the breadcrumbs a second time. They should be completely covered.
- Fry in small batches for about a minute each. Drain oil on paper towels. Serve with pizza or marinara sauce.
Original Recipe from All She Cooks.