Fried Chicken Sandwich with Kale & Cabbage Slaw
Enjoy fried chicken in a sandwich with kale and cabbage slaw! With this easy recipe, you can put together a quick and delicious lunch for two. Pair with Simply Lemonade Raspberry to stay refreshed!
Time: 1hr 30mins
Serving: Makes 2 SandwichesIngredients:
- Bread LA Brioche Buns 6ct Bag
- 1 Round Tomato
- 1 Onion Red Large
- 1 Cabbage Green
- 1 Green Kale
- 1/3 cup sliced Parsley
- 2-3 sliced Green Onions
- 2 6 oz Free Range Breast Split
- 1 tsp mayo
- 1 lime
- Pickles (thinly sliced)
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3 Eggs
To make the Mayo Spread:
- Make your rub: add your favorite pantry spices in a bowl with salt and pepper. We added 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, chile flakes and chile powder.
- Start by patting your chicken dry and set aside. Once fully dry, add on the dry rub mixture and let sit. You can either do this overnight or wait 20-30 minutes.
- Once your dry rub and chicken is ready, prep your other ingredients. Make your mayo spread, slice your veggies and make your slaw.
- For the slaw, combine 1 cup kale and 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage and 1 red onion thinly slice. Add in a juice of 1 lime, 1 tsp mayo, parsley, green onions, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tsp olive oil and mix with tongs. Allow the slaw to sit in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to let all the flavors combine and massage.
- Make your aioli, mix 1/2 cup mayo, 3 tsp Sriracha, and the juice of 1 lime, add 1/2 tsp sugar and salt. Mix and set aside.
- Start by getting your flour and egg mixture ready. For both these mixtures, add the spice rub in (just a little bit) and for the egg mixture, add in a touch of water. When mixing the eggs, make sure it is fully mixed together so the whites are mixed fully in the yellows.
- Get your pan hot, and I mean HOT! We used peanut oil but you can add whichever you like. We used a deep cast iron and filled the oil up a little bit below halfway and waited around 15-20 minutes to make sure that baby gets hot hot!
- Once you do this, dip your dry rubbed chicken and dredge in the egg mixture. Use your fingers and shake the chicken to make sure that all droplets are off from the egg. This helps for even frying and non-clumpy breading.
- Then put the chicken in the flour mixture and make sure it is evenly distributed throughout all parts.
- Start the frying process. Put on one side of the chicken in the oil and let it sit and fry, do not move it! Cook around 6-10 minutes on each side, until you notice its frying and brown. When finished, put on drying rack.
- Assemble your sandwich: slice your brioche buns, place on your sauce, 1 sliced tomato, the slaw, pickles and your fried chicken.