Fresh and Healthy Chickpea, Carrot, Cucumber and Celery Salad
Enough with the pies. I never thought my mouth would ever utter these words! But yes, enough with the pies and bring on this colorful super healthy salad bowl. Fresh and crunchy, light and filling. Made with rainbow carrots, crispy celery, pieces of cucumber, a handful of chickpeas, and a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese if you feel like going a little crazy. All drizzled with a citrusy vinaigrette.
Trust me. Your running pants will be thankful ;)
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 medium cucumber
- 4 medium (rainbow) carrots
- 8 oz chickpeas drained
- 2 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the dressing: combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, whisk well until emulsified. Adjust with salt if needed
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Dice the celery, carrots and cucumber.
- Toss in a bowl, drizzle with dressing and enjoy!