This fettuccine alfredo pasta recipe is simple enough to be your rescue dinner and fancy enough for a romantic dinner for two!
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6 ounces Fettuccine Noodles, Linguine noodles work, too
- Salt, To taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup Frozen Peas
- First, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-cup glass measuring cup, add the cream and butter. Pulse in the microwave for 30 seconds each time, until the butter is melted and the mixture is steaming. Set aside.
- Grate your cheese, if you haven’t already.
- Once the pasta water is boiling, add a few big pinches of salt, followed by the noodles. Stir once, and cook according to package directions.
- Just before the pasta is done, stir in the frozen peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Briefly re-heat the cream and butter mixture in the microwave until steaming.
- Drain the pasta and peas, and move it to a serving bowl.
- Add the cheese to the pasta, and toss well to melt.
- Stir the cream and butter mixture on top. Taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.
Original Recipe from Dessert for Two.