Eggs Royale (Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict)
- Whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a steel bowl.
- Place the bowl intermittently over a saucepan containing barely simmering water. Important Note: The water should never touch the bottom of the bowl and do not let the eggs get too hot.
- Continue to whisk rapidly and add in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened
- Remove from heat, whisk in sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to serve.
- Gently break 1 of the eggs into the boiling water taking care not to break it.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Cook until the egg white is set and yolk remains soft.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, allowing the egg to drain.
- Toast the English Muffin and place in you favorite plate.
- Add the avocado slices, smoked salmon, and the poached egg.
- Spoon the hollandaise sauce over the poached egg.
- Garnish with sprouts, chives, and cherry tomatoes.
Recipe by: @wanderolin