Easy Greek Mezze Platter
Ok, yes. It’s true. I have a slight obsession with all things snack board. Here's how to make an easy greek mezze board!
The process, the presentation, the SNACKS!
Authentic to traditional meze platters? Not quite. I’m inspired by the amazing flavors and creations but the reality is that most of the time, I don’t have access to the ingredients, tools, and sometimes the knowledge to truly give these meals the justice they deserve. So I’ll stick to authentically inspired.
And this mezze, or really, meze platter, is exactly that. When I looked up greek mezze platters, I learned that traditional mezze is:
“…a selection of small dishes served to accompany alcoholic is a selection of small dishes served to accompany alcoholic drinks in the Near East, the Balkans, and parts of Central Asia.”
So all this is to say, that while this greek mezze platter is certainly inspired by traditional mezze platters, it’s also made with everyday ingredients that don’t require a trip to the greek or mediterranean markets.
So how do we make it? We need to gather our ingredients:
- high-quality hummus (any flavor will work!)
- tapenade or fresh olives
- labneh or plain greek yogurt drizzled with olive oil and topped with salt and pepper
- dippers: carrots, cucumbers, pita chips
- salami salad roll-ups (simply roll up lightly dressed salad greens into a piece of salami and serve immediately so lettuce doesn’t get soggy)
- nuts for filling up the empty spots
Here’s a short video to show you just how I arrange everything on my board: