Easy Baked Eggplant Parmesan
Check out this easy recipe for baked eggplant parmesan! This recipe makes four servings, which is just enough for a double-date dinner in this Valentine's Day! Pair with Chareau liquor.
INGREDIENTS (Makes 4 servings)
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 ½ pounds), sliced into ½-inch thick rounds (12 to 14 slices)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups Domenico's Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 8 ounces Miyoko's Creamery Nutcheese Mozzarella sliced thinly into as many slices as your eggplant
- 1 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Line 2 baking sheets with paper towels and spread the eggplant slices among the sheets evenly. Lightly salt the eggplant slices, and let them sit at room temperature for an hour.
- Line baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites. In another small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dip one slice of eggplant into the egg, coating both sides, and then press one side into the bread crumbs. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process with remaining slices.
- Bake until the eggplant is soft and the crust is crispy, about 15 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and spoon a heaping tablespoon of sauce on each, followed by a slice of mozzarella. Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes. Top with fresh basil, serve, and pair with you favorite cocktail made with Chareau Aloe Liqueur. Cheers!
Original Recipe by @whatrobineats.