Cute & Edible Halloween Decorations
With Halloween around the corner, make sure you have the tastiest and cutest decor for your party! Here are some cute (and edible!) Halloween decorations ideas for you to try out. Most of these are simple, so you can have the kids help out! If kids are helping out with any carvings, please be very careful and help them out.
1. Fresh Pineapple Lanterns
Take carvings to the next level by carving pineapples instead of pumpkins this year! You can carve any face, shape, or design you want! We went with a heart-eyes face, the classic jack-o-lantern face, and a winking face.
- 3 Pineapples
- 3 Tealight Candles
- Pineapple Corer (optional)
- Make sure the corer will fit the width of the pineapple and slice the pineapple top off. Center the corer in the middle of the pineapple and twist to remove the fruit. Remove the core as well. If you don't have a corer, you can scoop out the pineapple from its shell with a spoon or a knife to hollow it out. TIP: Save the fresh pineapple that was removed in a bowl and fridge for a tasty snack later! Rinse the pineapple shell so it is less sticky when you carve.
- Time for the carving! Take a marker and stencil out the facial features on your pineapple. Once satisfied with your stencil, carve out all the shapes you drew. Make sure to carve through the flesh of the pineapple so the light can show through. TIP: You can use a thumbtack or safety pin to create a dotted line on your stencil before carving so your shapes are more straight.
- Once your carving is complete, rinse out the pineapple shell so it is not sticky. Place your pineapple where desired, then insert the tealight candle and light it.
- Place top back on the pineapple and enjoy the view!
2. Persimmon Pumpkins
3. Mini Mummy Pizzas
These mini mummy pizzas are sure to get your guests' attention. They're almost too cute to eat!
- 6 pack English Muffins
- 1 pack String Cheese
- 3-4 T (1/2 T per each muffin) Tomato Sauce
- Black Olives - sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your english muffins in half and get ready to assemble.
- Spread on your favorite tomato sauce and put on your olive slices as the eyes.
- String your cheese - place different strands on the bottom for the mouth and then on the top of the head to create a mummy like sequence.
- Put in oven until melted, take out and enjoy!
4. Tangerine Pumpkins