Citrus Salad with Arugula and Quinoa
Here is something for all the times you feel like you need an healthy break and all the vitamins you can pack in a plate to help you stay healthy during the seasonal change!
- 2 handfuls of baby arugula (enough for one serving)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa grain
- 1 small (or half large) orange
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon dry cranberry
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa if you haven't done so, following the directions on the package. Let it cool down completely.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. And whisk well.
- Prepare the orange: slice the top and bottom of the orange with a sharp knife. And slice away the peel completely. Cut in half and slice horizontally.
- In a bowl combine the arugula, with the quinoa, cranberries, almonds slices and sliced orange.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss.