Citrus Glazed Pork Chops Dinner with Dessert and Cocktail Recipes
Start prepping for Valentine's Day with this menu! For dinner, you can both enjoy a light grapefruit and avocado salad with your citrus glazed pork chops and a side of whipped cardamom sweet potatoes. Pair your dinner with a Chareau cocktail! For dessert, enjoy vegan rose whipped cream with strawberries and shortbread. Yummy!
Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
- 1 head butter lettuce washed and chopped
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 1/2 cara cara orange, segmented.
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper; whisk champagne vinegar and extra virgin olive oil (about 1 tbps each) and drizzle over the top when ready to serve.
Citrus Glazed Pork Chops by Bon Appetit
- 2 large bone in pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Season pork chop with salt and pepper both sides: sprinkle sugar (or honey) on one side.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan: sear sugared side of porkchops about 5 minutes on high (or until a nice golden/ cripy crust is formed!)
- Flip in pan and cook another 2-3 minute on high until the other side is opaque: and then another 12 or so minutes covered on low, or until internal temp is around 145 F.
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated (about 1 teaspoon), plus 2 tablespoons fresh juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves with tender stems, chopped
- Mix together, then whisk in about 1/4 cup olive oil
- Drizzle on top of pork chops (and save the extra for salad dressing!)
Whipped Cardamom Sweet Potatoes
- 4 small (or 2 medium) sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- roast sweet potatoes at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Remove skins, whip together with ghee, cardamom, dash salt & cracked black pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest. serve in small ramekins! (sometimes I like to broil the tops to get them a little crispy)
California 75 Cocktail
- 1 oz chereau aloe liqueur
- 1/2-1 oz dry gin
- 4 oz harmless harvest coconut water
- 1/2 lemon slice
- sprig mint
Vegan Rose Whipped Cream with Strawberries and Shortbread
- 3/4 cup strawberries, washed and cut into quarters
- handful of toasted pistachios as desired.
- 1 small can coconut cream, chilled.
- 1 tsp food grade rosewater.
- small drizzle of maple syrup for sweetness as desired
- Chill coconut cream; in a food processor or with a whisk, whip until small peaks form. add rose water and maple syrup, whip until smooth.
- Layer shortbread cookies, strawberries, pistachios and cream -- serve and share with someone you love!
Original Recipes by @coffeeandcardio.