Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with Mushroom Ghee Tacos
Nothing like a #CincoDeMayo taco feast! Tacos with mushrooms sautéed in Fourth of the Heart Ghee (new in our shop!), roasted sweet potatoes, pickled pineapple, cabbage salad and Brothers Products garlic spread. Read below for the full recipe and instructions!
- 3-4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Mushroom Shiitake Organic
- 1 Mushroom Crimini
- 1 Head of Cabbage
- 1 Pineapple
- Brothers Products Garlic Hummus
- Corn Tortilla
- 2-3 Limes
- 4th & Heart Ghee Butter White Truffle Salt
- 1/2 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt, pepper, garlic, paprika to taste!
- Start by prepping your ingredients! Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and cube your sweet potatoes. Place in oven with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika for about 35-45 minutes.
- Pickle the pineapples: slice pineapples into cubes and put in a jar with rice wine vinegar, distilled vinegar, water and spices. You can put in fridge overnight or wait 1-2 hrs, it will pickled by then!
- Sautee your mushrooms with the ghee butter until grilled all the way through, I like to wait until mine is fully caramelized.
- Slice your cabbage salad as thin as you can, or on a mandolin, and mix in a bowl with juice of 1 lime, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Let it sit in fridge for 30 minutes at least to get all the flavors together.
- For the garlic sauce, just mix the Brother Products garlic spread with lime juice, some pepper, a touch of olive oil and a little bit of water and mix.
- Assemble! Warm up your tortillas, spread on the garlic spread, place on cabbage salad, then sweet potatoes, mushrooms, pickled pineapples and the garlic sauce. Garnish with some black sesame seeds and enjoy!
Keep up with the latest on our Instagram and Instagram stories unveiling new recipes! Follow here.