This cilantro and heirloom tomato bruschetta recipe uses the freshest of ingredients for a very tasty and refreshing appetizer or snack. This recipe serves about 4 people so double or even triple your ingredients if you plan to serve a bigger party!
- 2 to 3 medium-sized heirloom tomatoes
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic
- A small handful of cilantro leaves, chopped (about 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped leaves)
- Ground black pepper
- 8 to 10 slices of bread
- Olive oil
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces and place them in in a bowl or pot. Finely chop two of the garlic cloves and add them to the tomatoes, along with the cilantro and a pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle a little olive oil over it and mix together. Taste. Add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Place a frying pan or pot over medium heat on your stove and pour in a little olive oil. Grill a slide of bread on both sides, until both sides are a golden brown. Remove the bread slice from the pan and place on a plate.
- Take a clove of garlic and lightly rub the grilled bread with it.
- Top with a generous scoop of the tomato and cilantro mixture.
- Repeat until you’ve grilled all the bread and used up the tomato and cilantro mixture.