Chicken and Garlic Vampire Dip
While Halloween is typically accompanied by sweets and candy, it doesn't mean there aren't other options out there! This creamy, cheesy, garlicky dip will be sure to keep all the vampires and ghouls away.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 ounce Swiss cheese, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 10 small garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Baked whole-grain pita chips, cucumber, carrots, radishes, and cauliflower florets
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a 2- or 3-quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 3 hours or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Alternately, combine first 9 ingredients in a medium saucepan with 2/3 cup water and cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley. Serve with pita chips and vegetables.
Original recipe by Cooking Light