Liven up your appetizer dish with these caprese meatball skewers made with balsamic meatballs, fresh mozzarella, basil, and a cherry tomato! This recipe will serve 28.
- 1 package of Johnsonville Meatballs (homestyle or Italian)
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 28 mozzarella balls
- 28 fresh basil leaves
- 28 cherry tomatoes
- 28 toothpicks (the larger the better!)
- Aged balsamic vinegar (for dipping)
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, spread Johsonville Meatballs (unthawed) onto your baking dish and pour on 2 tablespoons of minced garlic and ~3/4 cup of balsamic vinegar. Toss meatballs.
- Bake at 375º for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, toss meatballs and bake again for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Assemble skewers by sliding on a meatball, mozzarella ball, basil leaf, and cherry tomato. Use aged balsamic vinegar (a thicker, sweeter vinegar) for dipping.