Cajun Chorizo Alfredo with Roasted Cauliflower
Alfredo is always one of my favorite sauces to make vegan because you can make it out of so many things. This Cajun Chorizo Alfredo though really hits the spot… trust me. It’s a super easy & flavorful dish, that comes together pretty quickly! I’m really excited about this recipe, so let’s just jump right into it!
Cajun Chorizo Alfredo Sauce
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 container kite hill jalapeño cream cheese
- 1 package vegan chorizo (abbot's butcher)
- 1-2 cups regular unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pasta of your choosing
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp pink Himalayan salt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
DirectionsCajun Chorizo Alfredo Sauce
Once your vegetables are diced, add your olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add your peppers, onions, and garlic & cook until translucent and fragrant.
Add your chorizo in and cook until browned. Season with salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning.
- Add in your cream cheese & almond milk (starting with less almond milk at first and then increasing to your desired thickness / thinness). Whisk until a sauce forms. Keep warm over low heat, stirring frequently while your pasta cooks (cook according to package instructions) & your cauliflower is ready.
Preheat your oven to 450F.
Toss your cauliflower in olive oil, salt, and cajun seasoning until well coated. Place on a baking tray in an even single layer & roast at 450F for 20-25 minutes until fork tender.
Mix your pasta in with the sauce, plate it in a bowl, and top with the roasted cauliflower and minced parsley.