Cacio E Pepe
What is Cacio E Pepe? It's a pasta dish that means "cheese and pepper" tossed with olive oil, butter, black pepper and grated Pecorino & Parmesan Cheese.
- 12 oz Bucatini (but you can use whatever pasta you prefer)
- 5 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup finely grated Pecorino
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- Bring water to a boil and season with salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- In a pan melt 3 tsp butter over medium heat. Add in pepper until toasted.
- Add in 1/2 cup pasta water and simmer. Add your pasta and 2 tsp of butter.
- Go on low heat and slowly start adding in your shredded cheese. stir and make sure all gets melted. If it gets too clumpy, you can add more pasta pasta and if it gets too watery, you can add more cheese.
- Top with more cheese and fresh pepper, enjoy!