Butternut Squash Chicken Curry
Fall is now in full swing which means fall recipes!
This recipe features one of our favorite seasonal squashes: butternut squash. It's rich texture and layered flavor makes this dish perfect for sweater weather days.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2-3 large chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 can (~14 oz) coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- *1 can (~14 oz) chopped tomatoes
- Toss the cubed butternut squash in a large bowl with the chili powder, curry powder, and turmeric powder. (Note: if you have extra time, roast the squash for about 20 minutes to get them a little softened up.)
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a heavy skillet. Saute the garlic and ginger for a couple of minutes; until fragrant. Add the chicken and cook for about 6 minutes on each side (until white).
- Add the coconut milk, then stir in peanut butter, Thai curry paste, and honey.
- Add the butternut squash and tomatoes. Put a lid on the pot, and simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the squash is fork tender. Using a wooden spoon or large fork, squish the squash into the curry.
- Serve over rice and top with sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Recipe by SauceBossShelby