Brussels Sprouts Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
Shredded Brussels sprouts are a hearty stand in for lettuce in this delicious salad that’s studded with toasted almonds, tart dried cherries and smoky bacon! This recipe will get you saying that you love salads!
- 24 oz. Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 6-8 slices crisp cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- ⅔ cup dried cherries, unsweetened (may substitute cranberries or raisins)
- ⅔ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 oz. goat cheese, soft & crumbled
- 1 cup citrus vinaigrette
INGREDIENTS (CITRUS VINAIGRETTE)
- 1 small orange, juiced
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced shallots (may substitute 1 Tbsp. minced garlic)
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- ¾ cup avocado or olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, minced (may substitute an equal amount of tarragon, basil, rosemary or oregano or 1 tsp. dried herbs of choice)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Shred Bussels sprouts using the shredding blade of a food processor or slice thinly with a knife.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and combine with chopped bacon, red onion, cherries, almonds and optional goat cheese.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Add vinaigrette immediately before serving and toss well to coat.