Breakfast Sandwich with Sriracha Maple Syrup
These Vegan Breakfast Sandwiches are the perfect meal to start your day. With a "sausage" patty, tofu egg, melty cheese, greens, and Sriracha maple syrup on a toasted English muffin... nothing could beat this! This is really such an easy breakfast sandwich to make and doesn’t take long in the morning.
- 1 package Abbot's Butcher "Beef" Burgers or any vegan sausage / beef patty substitute
- 1 package Daiya American cheese slices
- 1 package firm tofu drained well
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/8-1/4 cup Sriracha depending how spicy you like it
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tbsp ground fennel seeds
- 1/4 tbsp garlic granules
- 1/4 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tbsp onion granules
- First, take your Abbots Butcher beef patties out of the package and place them into a bowl. Add in your ground fennel, garlic granules, black pepper, salt, and onion granules & mix until well combined. Reform the mixture into smaller patties (that would fit on an English muffin), you should be able to get 4 out of this mixture.
- Drain & press your tofu really well to get all of the excess moisture out. Cut your tofu into circles roughly the same size as your "sausage" patty & make them about 3/4" thick.
- Add your olive oil to a skillet over medium heat until it starts to ripple. Then add in your sausage patties & tofu egg slices. I usually like to only do 2 patties / 2 eggs at a time, but it's up to you depending on how many you're making. You can easily do it in batches though. Cook the patties for 2-3 minutes on each side, and the tofu 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Once you flip your sausage patty to cook the second side, place your cheese slice on top so it has a chance to melt while the other side of the patty cooks.
- While those are cooking, toast up your English muffins & mix together your Sriracha & maple syrup as a sauce.
When everything is ready to go, add some mixed greens to the bottom of your English muffin, then top with your egg, sausage patty, and the Sriracha maple syrup. Top it with the other half of your English muffin, wrap it up, and you're ready to dig in!