Balsamic Shrimp and Fresh Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- 1 lb roma/plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, chiffonade
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 4-5 slices bread
- Score tomatoes, add to pot of boiling water, and blacnch for 3-4 minutes.
- Chop up basil leaves.
- Put blanched tomatoes into an ice bath for 1 minute, or until cool. Then peel off skin of tomato. Once peeled, chop them up and wring out any excess juices. Add chopped tomatoes to a bowl and mix with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, minced onions, and basil. Mix.
- In a pan, add cooking oil, one clove of minced garlic, and one pound of peeled shrimp. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- After a few minutes, add balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt. Top with some lemon zest and some chopped parsely.
- Slice baguette and lightly toast.
- Add some shrimps on sliced baguette and top with bruschetta.
Original recipe by B(R)OIL LA.