Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms Recipe
Make a gourmet dinner on the double! This delicious balsamic flavored chicken with mushrooms is a meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
- 4 thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts (see NOTES)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 8 oz baby bella (crimini) mushrooms, sliced in half (see NOTES)
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 small bay leaf
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix the salt and pepper and sprinkle on chicken.
- Add the olive oil and when oil shimmers, place chicken in the pan.
- Brown the chicken well on one side; remove to a plate.
- In the same pan, add the mushrooms and sear over high heat, stirring often.
- Add the chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, bay leaf, thyme and garlic to the pan; stir to combine.
- Place the chicken, unbrowned side down, in the pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove cooked chicken to a plate and keep it warm. Remove the garlic and bay leaf; discard both.
- Place butter in the pan and stir until melted.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and reduce the sauce 50%. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan to heat through.
- Serve over pasta.