This all greens pizza, with a cauliflower crust would have to be my new favorite way to have pizza night. I mean not to toot my own horn but this recipe is BOMB. From the oil free basil pesto on the base of this crust that holds together perfectly to the crispy veggie toppings, pizza night has never been so healthy.
The crust is completely grain free and dairy free. Only 3 ingredients needed to create this vessel for green goodness!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Oil Free Basil Pesto:
- 1 pack herb basil
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp Kite Hill Cream Cheese
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Dash of water as needed
- Pink Salt to taste
WHAT TO DO:
- Pre heat oven to 395F Bake
- Chop your cauliflower into small pieces and blitz in your food processor until you get a cauliflower rice consistency. (If you have a small food processor like me you may need to do this in 2 smaller batches)
- Cook cauliflower rice in 3/4 cup boiling water for 5 minutes
- Strain in a nut milk bag or if you don't have one a sieve works well and then transfer to a thin dish towel
- At this point the water will be pretty hot so let cool while you make your pesto
- In a food processor blitz your cashews into small pieces
- Add the basil, lemon juice, cream cheese and salt
- Blend until smooth
- *You can add a dash of water at this point to make the sauce smoother
- Set aside for later
- Once the cauliflower rice has cooled squeeze as much of the water out as possible this is going to take a but of arm power and some time but this is an important step.
- Fold the cauliflower into a bowl and add in your eggs and the coconut flour
- Season with S&P and mix well
- Transfer to a non stick lightly greased tray and mould out your pizza base approximately 1/2 inch thick in a shape of your choosing.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden
- Remove from the oven, spread the pesto over the base, top with your broccolini and brussel sprout leaves and place back in the oven for 10 minutes to allow the veggies to crisp up.
- Remove from the oven and top with a sprinkle of almond ricotta and radish sprouts.
- Cut into desired pieces, serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Saphira Tuffery (@peanut.head)