4 Ingredient Summer Salsa
Wherever you are, it might be safe to assume you're also having a hot summer. Nothing is more appropriate for any summer gathering or everyday meal than a fantastically refreshing salsa! I make massive batches of this salsa for friends and family because it's inexpensive and so good you can't stop eating it!
It felt very appropriate to make some this week so I thought I'd share the full recipe, and my favorite chips. Brace yourself for this insanely easy recipe.
- Start with the tomatoes. Chop them into small pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Next, cut the onion in the same manner. You'll only want to use 1/2 of the onion at first, and add more depending upon your preference.
- Cilantro next! Dice the end of the leaves into little shreds then mix everything together to get the proportions to your liking! We love cilantro, so we tend to use a lot.
- Last is the serrano peppers! It's last because you need to be very careful what you touch after/while chopping up the peppers. They'll cause a burning sensation if you touch your face, mouth, eyes, etc. so do this last and then immediately wash your hands! We lovvvvee spicy things so we use 2 or 3 peppers. Try a small amount if you're unsure, and slowly add more - mixing and tasting as you go.
Optional Steps (highly recommended)
- Squeeze half a lemon over your salsa for extra tang.
- Then add a healthy amount of garlic salt, again adding, tasting and adjusting as you go.
- If you can get your mittens on Cabo Chips too, you won't regret it! They come in a variety of flavors and we recommend them all!
You can also easily turn this salsa into a ceviche by adding chopped fish or shrimp.
Original Recipe by Two Small Fries