10 Inexpensive Crockpot Recipes! Easy Meals Your Family Will Love!
Here are 10 quick, easy, and inexpensive crockpot recipes you can make! All you need to do is toss the ingredients into the crockpot in the morning for an easy meal at dinner time for the entire family!
3 Ingredient Chicken Tacos
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- taco seasoning to taste (homemade or 1 packet)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes*
Place all of the ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred and use in tacos, burritos, enchiladas or in a salad. You can also serve it hot or cold so it would be great as leftovers to take in a lunch.
*Rotel tomatoes are canned tomatoes with chopped green peppers or jalapenos. Any brand that is labeled “tomatoes and green chilies” should be OK or just used canned tomatoes and add the kind of peppers you would like.
Crockpot Bean Goulash Recipe
This quick and easy crockpot bean goulash recipe is tasty, will get you in and out of the kitchen fast and is ideal for when you’re having a rough day!
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 small onion
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans or 2 cups cooked beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can butter beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can pork and beans
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce or ketchup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Brown ground beef, bacon, celery and onion. If using canned beans, drain them. Mix the remaining ingredients together with the beef mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or put in the crockpot on low for 1-2 hours. Serves 8-10.
Garlic Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 3-5 lb. chicken
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- about 1/4 lb. butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, paprika. Rub the bird inside and out with garlic. Place in the crockpot. Lay a couple of pats of butter on top of the breast and pour in broth. Cook on Low 6-8 hours. Serve with the garlic butter sauce.
Barbecue Beef Stew Recipe
- 1-2 lbs. stew meat
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz.) mushrooms
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
Saute onion, pepper and garlic in oil. Add salt, pepper, beef stock,tomatoes, mushrooms and barbecue sauce. Cook meat and all of the other ingredients in a crockpot on low heat for 8-10 hours. To thicken, mix 2 Tbsp. cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water and add to stew before serving.
Crockpot Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 6 Large Bell Peppers
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (cooked or uncooked – leftover works great)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 – 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup rice, cooked (any kind of rice will work)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- shredded cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup water
Combine ground beef, onion, diced tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper. Stuff each bell pepper with mixture. Cut off each top of the peppers and scrape out the seeds and membranes. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours until peppers are tender and ground beef is cooked throughout. About 15 minutes before serving, sprinkle cheese and let it melt.
Sour Cream Chili Bake Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 cup American cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp. instant minced onion
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups corn chips, crushed
- Sour cream
Place all of the ingredients in a crockpot. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Serve with sour cream, cheese and chips in summer or cornbread in the winter.
Crockpot Cajun Pork And Beans
- 5 (15 oz.) cans Pork-n-Beans
- 2 (6oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 6 hot links or 8 hot dogs (sliced)
- 1/4 bottle barbecue sauce (about 1/2 -1 cup)
Add in extras to taste:
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce
- Cajun seasonings
- Liquid smoke
- Brown sugar
Mix all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low 4-8 hours.
Quick and Easy Chili Recipe
If you are a chili connoisseur this recipe may not be for you but if you have picky eaters or children this chili recipe may be be a life saver. You can adjust the amounts of the ingredients to the size of your family without doing much harm. This is also a perfect recipe to make the day before and just warm up when you need it.
- 3 small cans tomato soup*
- 3 soup cans of water
- 1/2 to 1 lb. cooked hamburger
- Chili powder to taste
- Garlic powder and onion powder to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Start with at least 2 teaspoons each of chili powder and garlic powder. You can also use onions. Put everything in a large pan and simmer at least 2 hours. It’s better to let it simmer all day if possible. You can add almost anything you want to this basic recipe. Beans work well or crumble in some fried sausage for extra flavor.
Potato Bacon Chowder Soup Recipe
- 8 slices bacon, cut
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can cream of soup base (regular small can)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, optional
In a kettle, fry bacon until crisp. Add onion and saute 2-3 minutes. Drain. Add potatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Add soup and sour cream. Gradually add milk. Add salt, pepper and parsley. Heat until warm. Do not boil. Makes 4 servings.
Easy Baked Potatoes
Virtually everyone loves baked potatoes. With toppings, baked potatoes can be a meal all by themselves. Prepare your toppings the night or morning before and you can have a quick and easy dinner.
Check out these easy ways to bake potatoes:
- When slowly cooked, baked potatoes have a much better flavor than when cooked quickly in the microwave.
- Here’s a tip from one of our readers on perfect baked potatoes: Bake your potatoes in a crockpot. Scrub, pierce with a fork, rub some butter on the potatoes and cook on low all day. You will have perfectly baked potatoes when it’s time for dinner.
- If you like the taste of oven baked potatoes but forgot to put them in the oven in time, nuke them in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Then finish them in the oven. The centers will be cooked and they won’t take nearly as long to bake in the oven.
- To prevent a dry hard skin, rub your potato in butter or margarine, sprinkle with salt and wrap in foil.
- It is usually best to prick a potato with a fork when cooking it in the microwave because at times potatoes have been known to explode. Big Mess.