1 Skillet Steak and Potatoes
Looking for a hearty meal with almost no clean up? This delicious steak and potato recipe only uses ONE pan!
- 10oz ribeye steak
- 1 lb potatoes of your choice (we used Yukon Gold)
- 4-5 sliced garlic cloves
- 3-4 T Vital Farms butter
- Thyme for garnish and to infuse flavor
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take your steak out and let it sit to get to room temperature (about 15-20 minutes)
- Heat a pan with olive oil and slice your potatoes, place in a cast iron and let cook through and sauté, and char a bit with salt and pepper to taste. Once that's done, take it out and set aside.
- Season your steak with salt and pepper and add the steak to your hot cast iron with more oil and butter.
- Place your steak on the cast iron and leave it for 3-4 minutes on each side. In the meantime, keep placing butter, thyme and basting the steak until cooked to desired doneness. (3-4 minutes on each side is a medium rare).
- Add back in your potatoes, more butter, thyme and enjoy!